The global energy industry is in a constant state of evolution. What remains constant, however, is our need to maintain the highest possible regulatory standards in Alberta. To understand how weâ€™re doing and to capture new ideas, we continually engage with our peers across the country and around the globe.
What We Do
To ensure we maintain the highest possible regulatory standards, we
- exchange information about energy regulation,
- build relationships with regulatory authorities across Canada and with our global counterparts, and
- manage current and potential challenges facing Albertaâ€™s energy sector.
In addition, we work with regulators worldwide to overcome common regulatory challenges. Specifically, we
- review our peer regulatorsâ€™ regulatory and operational practices;
- proactively monitor and analyze social, political, and environmental trends, nationally and globally;
- maintain key contacts with governments, regulators, and nongovernment organizations outside of Alberta; and
- share expertise and learn from others at forums and conferences, and during technical exchanges.
To learn more about national and international relations at the AER, please email @email. If you are interested in visiting or would like to have an AER representative participate in an upcoming conference, please complete one of the forms below and send it to us at the email address above.